Dr. Whitehead
Dr. Whitehead, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, internship trained, with 5 years of experience in high quality practice treating dogs, cats, and some exotics.

I have an 11-month old puppy that has a sore leg. Shes 36

I have an 11-month old puppy that has a sore leg. She's 36 pounds. I want to give her two 81mg aspirin, but I don't know if she's too young for aspirin. The leg soreness appeared today. We are long-time dog "owners" and I will take her to the vet if she does not get better. Thank you for any advice you may have.
Hello there. My name isXXXXX and I am sorry to hear that Jojo is having some pain. Aspirin can provide some relief of pain in dogs but you want to make sure to give it with some food because it can also cause stomach irritation in dogs. She is not to young for Aspirin and it is safe to give it to her. The dose is 5 - 10 mg per pound so it would be safe to give her two of the 81 mg aspirin (162 mg total) twice daily. Again make sure you give it with food and if you see any signs of vomiting or upset tummy then you will want to stop the medication. Also if you do not see improvement definitely have her seen by your vet. I hope this helps! If you have any other questions or concerns I would be happy to help! Please do not forget to rate my response so I receive credit for my time. Thank you!