Dr. Drew
Dr. Drew, Veterinarian
Experience:  Small Animal Medicine and Surgery

I have a question on the dosing for the frontline that I received.

I have a question on the dosing for the frontline that I received. I received it in a kit, and the syringe that I have is labeled ml/cc. My Golden requires a 2.68 ml dose, and I am wondering which side of the syringe to go by. One side is marked 0.1, 0.2, 0.3 etc, and the other side is marked with even numbers 2, 4, 6, etc. Which side do I use?

Drew :

Hello, thanks for your question today! I am Dr. Drew, and I am a licensed veterinarian. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can.

Drew :

Frontline is not packaged in that format, so first off, you may want to reconsider using what may be a counterfeit product.

Drew :

mL and cc are the same thing,

Drew :

so there's no conversion involved.

Drew :

perhaps one side is measured in ounces.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm not sure which side to measure with though. so i use the side that has 0.1, 0.2, etc or the side with even numbers?

you would need to use the side that says it's in cc or mL. I can't get more specific without seeing the syringe.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I took a picture of the syringe in the hopes that you might be able to clarify for me.

The side that I can see, labeled in ml/cc, is measured in 0.1 increments of 1mL (0.1mL, 0.2mL, ... up to 1.0 mL).

If you are attempting to deliver 2.68mL, then 2 full syringes to the 1.0 line, plus a third to just a tick less than the 0.7 line, would deliver that amount of product.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX sense now. Smile