Lisa, Certified Vet Tech
Experience:  AAS Vet Tech. Bully breed rehab & Behavior modification

Tramadol HCL 50mg. Its a prescription for me, but my dog has

Tramadol HCL 50mg. It's a prescription for me, but my dog has ripped the nail of her 'dew claw.' She is 60+ lbs.
Hello! My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to help you with your dog today.

In a word...yes. Your Tramadol HCL and the Tramadol that had been dispensed for your dog previously are essentially the same drug. At our clinic, we actually do use the HCL rather than the 'regular' because it seems to give superior pain control.

To find the dosing instructions for Tramadol (we can't give it to you here or even tell you that the dose you mentioned was fine...because it's considered prescribing and is illegal wihtout an in-person relationship), you can follow this link: . And yes..even without being scored, the medication can be split. You'll just need to use a knife to cut it.

I hope this helps.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX for your help.

You're very welcome!!