Lisa, Certified Vet Tech
Experience:  AAS Vet Tech. Bully breed rehab & Behavior modification

my pug is walking with her head down, slowly, sleeping alot,

my pug is walking with her head down, slowly, sleeping alot, not acting like she's in pain. Her nose is running. She's 12 years old
Hello! My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to help you with your dog today.

Has Chloe done any vomiting or having diarrhea?

Is she eating and drinking normally?

Does she have any underlying health problems?

Has she been shaking her head at all?

Any possibility of trauma or injury?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Lisa-

None of the above, except age. We do have a 14 week old Golden Retriever puppy that wants to play with her all the time. It's possible he was too rough with her?

She's not crying or anything, just sleeping a lot and not moving her head, like her neck hurts maybe

Thanks for answering my questions. I appreciate it.

The way she's moving definitely sounds like maybe she got jostled a little too much with the new puppy and may have strained something.

The good news is that she's not acting super painful and is still acting normally otherwise. I think if she were mine, I'd monitor it for a day or so. If she seems uncomfortable you could try givng her 1 children's aspirin (we don't ever give acetaminophen (Tylenol), ibuprofen (Advil) or naproxen sodium (Aleve) in dogs as they're toxic, even in very small amounts) once every 12 hours or so. Make sure you give it with a little food so she doesn't get an upset stomach.

I'd also keep the puppy from playing too hard with her for a few days. If this is just a pulled muscle she should be back to normal with a couple days of rest and relaxation, and of course, if she starts acting painful or seeming to not improve, then you should absolutely have an emergency vet take a peek at her...just to be safe.

I hope this helps.