Ann M.
Ann M., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  ER and general medicine Veterinarian since 2005
15015521

I rescued a dog from the pound, she is really skinny and is

I rescued a dog from the pound, she is really skinny and is vomiting. I gave her a dewormer, what else can I do?
Hi there, and thank you for your question. I am a licensed veterinarian and would be happy to assist you. I would give her both a basic dewormer and a tapeworm dewormer, and they can both be purchased at pet stores. Then I would stop the Dyne right now and stop the dog food and feed her a bland diet of boiled chicken breast or lean ground beef mixed with white rice in a 50/50 mixture. Feed the bland diet in 4-5 smaller meals throughout the day. You can also give her Prilosec 20mg once daily. Each time she vomits, you should withhold food and water for the following 6 hours, and then slowly reintroduce food and water. Continue the bland diet until she is no longer vomiting. If she continues to vomit you will need to see a veterinarian. Hope this helps... best of luck.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Chiquita. How is everything going?

Ann M.