Dr. Whitehead
Dr. Whitehead, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, internship trained, with 5 years of experience in high quality practice treating dogs, cats, and some exotics.

my dog may or may not have ingested a topiramax

Hello there. My name isXXXXX to hear that Khalua is trying to get herself into trouble tonight. I am going to assume that the dose is 25 mg of Topamax. If this is not correct please let me know. For a dog her size this is a very low dose if she ingested it. This drug is used in a dogs at a higher dose and rarely shows negative side effects. Most common side effect in dogs is "sluggishness" so in her with this dose I would not expect to see any side effects. I hope this helps. I would not induce vomiting at this point and time since there is not a threat of toxicity.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

is there anything else i should watch for. ?

I wouldn't expect you to see any changes but if you see anything she may just be a little "tired" tonight. But I really wouldn't expect to much of that.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok, sorry, paranoid pet parent. lol. i have two other labs one 12+ on pain med and anti inflamatory, and one with epilepsy, so i watch them closely anyway, and she sleeps with me, so

Don't apologize. Completely understandable. Good pet parents worry!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you! appreciated greatly. (paranoid child parent too. lol)

You are very welcome. Have a great weekend.