Lisa
Lisa, Certified Vet Tech
Experience:  AAS Vet Tech. Bully breed rehab & Behavior modification
10413311

i have 10 wk rat terrier pup (our female had 6) this on was

i have 10 wk rat terrier pup (our female had 6) this on was running around very social active like rat terriers are now all of a sudden he is throwing up and seems to have lost a bit of weight when I saw him throw up last time about 10 minutes ago its all watery bit green like bile what can I do now before calling vet in morning
Hello! My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to help you with your dog today.

Has your little guy had any vaccines yet?

Was he interacting with other dogs?

Are any of the other dogs ill?

Is his mother up to date on her vaccines?

Does the vomit smell different than normal dog vomit?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes they are up to date on shots both mom and 3 pups left yes he has 2 brothers and his mom dad here no none of them sick the vomit had no smell really kind of grassy first time i noticed yesterday so figured he was eatting grass

Is there any chance he got into something he shouldn't have?

Is his belly hard to the touch, or soft?

When was the last time he ate or drank anything and kept it down?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

his belly is soft yesterday on eatting he just drank a lil and so far so good but am worried about him getting dehydrated yes he could of ate something they are out alot husband has tomatos growing and they bring up gater snacks

Thank you very much for the information.

Because there's a possibility that he could have gotten into something toxic and because he's such a little guy, the best thing to do is to have him seen by his vet first thing in the morning.

They'll do a little lab work to determine what is causing him to be ill. They'll be able to get him on medication to correct any dehydration and will get him meds to help the vomiting stopped.

For tonight, the best thing to do is to just allow him to relax. If you're worried about low blood sugar, you can rub a little Karo or maple syrup on his gums a couple times between now and morning to give him a little boost. You can also encourage him to drink more water by adding a little low sodium chicken broth to make it smell better and make him want to drink more.

Of course, it goes without saying that if he seems to take a turn for the worse, or if you notice any blood in the vomit, then you need to have him seen by an emergency vet immediately. If you're not sure where an emergency vet is in your area, you can go to: XXXXX XXXXX plug in your zip code. They'll be able to show you where the closest one to you is.

I hope this helps.

I'm just following up on our conversation about None Call Him Cd Courtnys Dog. How is everything going?

CVT_in_MN