Dr. Deb
Dr. Deb, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM VMRCVM '89, 20 yrs experience in progressive small animal medicine and surgery

Need to find a Veterinary clinic to give my English Bull dog

Need to find a Veterinary clinic to give my English Bull dog a chlorahexidine bath in Buffalo, NY area. Can you help me?

Dr. Deb :

Hi Lucy, English bulldogs are great dogs who unfortunatelly have too many problems. What do you need the bath for? I'm Dr Deb and can try to help.

Did you have any luck with the bath? If you could bathe him yourself, there are commercial shampoos with chlorhex in them.. You can buy them online- Amazon has many shampoos, as well as ebay. You should talk to yout vet or another ahout treatmrent options. There are veterinary dermatologists also; they may check thyroid levels and discuss food allergy as par0f the cause.

Skin cases can be be difficult to treat and may take a long time. Shampoos are a good place to start but her condition may have to be more involved

Sorry about my poor typing in the middle of the night, Other things to consider are hypothyroidism- rare in a dog this young but I have seen it, hyperadrenocorticism or cushings disease. measure how much she drinks in 24 hours. it should be less than 100ml/kg. food allergies can make the skin weak and prone to infection., other shampoos or topicals may work depending on area affected