Lisa, Certified Vet Tech
Experience:  AAS Vet Tech. Bully breed rehab & Behavior modification

hi, my dog is acting like he cant get comfortable. he is eating,

hi, my dog is acting like he can't get comfortable. he is eating, pooping, urinating, pink gums, but he started going to hide under the desk in my office.
Hello! My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to help you with your dog today.

Has Gailan done any vomiting or having diarrhea?

Any new foods, treats, people food?

Does he ever scoot his bottom on the ground?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no vomiting, eating, drinking, no scooting, gets regular anal glands expressed. he is showing signs of anxiety where he cant get comfortable. I did give him some pork...he always gets some people food, but mostly mix a little gravy with his food....he did have pacretitis once and was treated by the vet...its different this time...I know its been very humid here in michigan.

Can you estimate how much pork he got??
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

like about 4 pieces of small cut up bites....

Thank you for answering my questions. I really appreciate it.

It sounds to me like your dog may have come down with pancreatitis again from eating the pork. Pancreatitis happens when a dog eats fatty foods and can be a fatal illness if left untreated. Your dog needs medications to help her feel better and even an IV catheter to help ward off dehydration.

More information on pancreatitis is here:

Because it has been going on for only a short time I would NOT rush to have him seen by an emergency vet tonight. You can absolutely wait and call your regular vet in the morning and have them get him on some medication to help him feel better and provide supportive care until the threat passes and he's feeling better. I would also cut out any people food that you or your husband give her. Once a dog gets pancreatitis, it seems like they're more likely to get it after that.

I hope this helps.

Hi Micheal,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Gailan. How is everything going?