Dr. Whitehead
Dr. Whitehead, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, internship trained, with 5 years of experience in high quality practice treating dogs, cats, and some exotics.

my dog ingested azo pills while I was out of the house. she

my dog ingested azo pills while I was out of the house. she is acting normal. i have no idea how much she had.
Hello there. My name isXXXXX I just want to make sure that she ingested Azo pills which are the over the counter supplements for women. If this is the case then there is some chance that they can cause some stomach upset but you should not see much more signs then that. They are not really toxic but some of the ingrediants in high doses can cause some definitely upset stomach. So monitor her closely for any vomiting or diarrhea. I would feed her normally and allow her to drink as normal. If there is any vomiting or diarrhea you can use pepto at a dose of 1 teaspoon per 15 lbs every 8 hours to help settle everything. I hope this helps. Again not a big concern but just monitor at this time. As usual I always recommend if she starts acting different have her checked out by your vet.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes they are the ones for yeast labeled 'homeopathic medicine'. i figured because of that it wouldnt be toxic to her however after doing some googling and saw some other advice to dogowners was to induce vomiting with hydrogen peroxide. maybe that was for a different azo medicine?

I wouldn't recommend inducing vomiting at this time. Since there is a low risk of toxicity its not worth the risk that inducing vomiting in itself holds. So i would just monitor her closely.
Hi Brittany,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Frida. How is everything going?

Dr. Whitehead