Candy, Veterinary Technician
Experience:  Practicing Veterinary Technician for 26 years.Former Veterinary Practice Owner, Technician Trainer

I have a 2 1/2 year old boxer which had throw up blood over

I have a 2 1/2 year old boxer which had throw up blood over night. He is losing weight. I give him plenty of water and food is available.
Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I have been a veterinary nurse for 26 years.Thank you for allowing me to assist you today.
I am sorry to hear Triton is not doing well.

How much blood was in the vomit?

When did he last pass stool and was it normal or was there blood in it?

Any chance he got in to anything toxic such as medication or rat poison?

When did he stop eating?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Triton, didn't have any blood in his stool. His stool is soft but not running. Triton, didn't get into any rat poison.

I am glad to hear he did not get in to any rat poison. Could you please tell me how much Blood was in the vomit, when he stopped eating and if there is a chance he got into anything toxic besides rat poison.
Can you also look at his gums and tell me what color they are
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Triton, did not eat any toxic material that I know of. He has not ate like he once had in the pass since June 1st, so I'm thinking for about 4 weeks. His gums is pink.

My Triton, just throw up two spots of blood, the spots measure out to about 4-inches. One spot has the hungry white throw up in it. Please give me a moment I need to pray my Triton!

This is the first time he's ever throwing blood...

I was told because of the heat my Triton would not eat as he once did, so I started feeding him at night once the temp cooled down.

Triton is well trained when he drink water too fast I am able to start and stop him at will. That did keep him from throwing up clear fuel.

I was told the white color in his throw up was cause from him being hungry

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry for the delay, my computer and Triton is not in the same room.

My Triton looks tried, he's not filled with energy but he is walking around with good balance, he pees like or as if he has drunk three gallons of water.

Triton did have a stool this morning but have not had one since. Again he doesn't have a problem with peeing.

Triton is drinking water but not as much

Vomiting blood can be due to several things the most common being.
* Toxic ingestion ( we can rule this out if you are sure he has not gotten in to anything)
* Parasites
* Over heating causing problems with the blood clotting
* Intestinal cancer ( cancer is a very common problem in this breed even young dogs)
* Eating something they should not like bad food, a object that is too big to pass through the digestive tract etc
* Some types of infection
* Ulcers in the stomach

Heat can make them slow on their eating but should not do so to the point that the dog is loosing weight.
I am also concerned about the increase in urine as this can indicate problems with the kidneys.

I would suggest getting him in to the vet and possibly having x rays and blood work done to look for the cause.
For now if you have Pepcid AC a large dog can have 20-40mgs every 12 hours. I would stop the dog food for the next few days and offer boiled chicken and rice or boiled hamburger and white rice for the next 3-4 days in small amounts 4-5 times per day.
While this may help I would still highly recommend getting him in to the vet as soon as possible due to how long this has been going on.

I hope he feels better soon. Please reply back if you have additional questions or concerns and I will be happy to continue.
Hi Charles,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Triton. How is everything going?