Dr. G.
Dr. G., Veterinarian
Experience:  Private Practice Veterinarian

Why does my female bleed when she has poops as she is spade

Why does my female bleed when she has poops as she is spade so worried
Hello, my name isXXXXX am a licensed veterinarian and I will try and help you as best as I can.

First a couple questions:

Is she bleeding from her vulva or is the blood in the stool/from the rectum?
How long ago was she spayed?
Any diarrhea or vomiting? Anything new in the diet recently?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

She is bleeding from her vulva, she has no diarrhea or vomiting, she was spayed 5yrs ago she is a Sha-pei

I see. Any increase in drinking or urination? Has this happened any other times in the past 5 years?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Normal drinking and urination, never had this problem before

I see. With bleeding from the vulva, we worry about one of a few things: typically either bleeding due to being in heat (so some ovarian tissue was missed during the spay), or more likely in this case due to some disease of the urinary tract, such as a lower urinary tract infection, vaginitis, or urinary stones. The best thing would be to have her checked by your vet and they can do a couple tests. The first test is a urinalysis, which looks at the urine for any abnormal bacteria or an abundance of crystals which may suggest urinary stones. The other test is something called an LH level: this is to detect whether or not she is in heat. Treatment will obviously be dependent on the results, with surgery necessary if there is still some ovarian tissue and antibiotics if there is an infection. With stones, surgery would also likely be necessary