Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

My toy poodle just ate a Raid ant bait. She weighs approx 12

My toy poodle just ate a Raid ant bait. She weighs approx 12 pounds. Pet age 5 years.
Hello. Thanks for writing in.

Do you know the specific type/name of Raid Ant Bait she ate?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Johnson a Family Company Raid Ant Baits active ingredients AcermecinB1 0.01% and then it says other Ingredients 99.99 %

Thanks for the information. Did she eat any of the plastic container?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, there are just bite marks in the plastic. My husband cut it open and the peanut butter center appeared to be all there.

Thanks for the information. These type of ant baits actually pose very little threat to dogs. They would have to consume a lot of the active ingredient of Avermectin to cause a problem. We will actually see more of any issue with them swallowing the plastic because it can damage the GI tract and cause an obstruction. If all she did was bite into it, you will unlikely see any issues. I would just monitor her for any vomiting (once is probably not a big deal), diarrhea, bloody stools, tremors, lack of coordination or seizure like episodes. If you see any of those issues, I would have her evaluated by a vet immediately. I would be very surprised if you see any of these signs, though. Maybe mild vomiting. Please let me know if you have any other questions. Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you very much for your information. We appreciate your time.

You are very welcome. Let me know if you have any further concerns.