Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }

I gave my dog aged 13.5 a greyhound bitch, 500ml sub q fluidsmlast

I gave my dog aged 13.5 a greyhound bitch, 500ml sub q fluidsmlast night as she is in the early stages of renal failure. We do it 2x a week. As is typical the fluid went down her left side and pooled along her underside. Today the skin is very loose and flaccid where it pooled like it was stretched and has not re tightened. Is this normal? It is not quite 24 hours later. We are on a family trip and our dog is with us. She is otherwise acting normally.
Hello, and welcome.

My name isXXXXX am an experienced small animal veterinary surgeon and I will be very pleased to work with you today and will try my best to answer your question to your satisfaction.

This is something that you see now and again and it is rarely a cause for concern. If you were to massage the area two or three times a day and / or apply hot towels to the area the chances are that this will gradually resolve over the next 48 hours.

I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you.

Hello again Deb,

Just a short note to thank you very much for the good rating, this is very much appreciated.

Kindest regards and good luck with Belle ... ,

Hello again Deb,

I am just getting back in touch to see how Belle is getting on.

How are things going at present?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Scott,

Belle's flaccid skin issue resolved the next morning just like you counseled it would. Thank you for your follow up.

Hello again Deb,

Thanks so much for the update, I am glad all went well ...

Kindest regards,