petdrz., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in caring for dogs and cats.

Hi Dr Z, one last question. Sam also gets a Mirtazapine 15

Hi Dr Z, one last question. Sam also gets a Mirtazapine 15 mg as an appettetite stimulant an hour before his dinner. Today will be a challenge as we are adding the Prilosec and Cerenia. My question: Can I give all these 3 medications together (Prilosec, Cerenia & Mirtazepine) or do I need to give the Mirtazepine another time? Perhaps with dinner today? I am running out of time here to administer all these medications properly as you can imagine. Please advise. Thanks.
Sorry for the delay, I was finishing up on a very complicated case on another post.

Yes it would be fine to give the mirtazepine along with the Prilosec and the Cerenia.

You definitely have your hands full with keeping everything straight for Sam. I am sure he appreciates it.

Please reply back if further questions.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Dr. Z, thank you so much for your help. I appreciate it! :) Of course Sam is in care of a specialty vet but wouldn't you know it he is out of town and has given some instructions but is not easily available for questions. But I needed answers to these questions now as dinner time is approaching. So thanks again. XXXXX

You are very welcome. It sounds like he is in good hands, but of course they are not always available.

I do have a soft spot in my heart for Beagles Laughing

If you have any questions in the future that I may help you with, ask for Dr Z in the question title or see my profile to request me. You can save my profile to your browser favorites with this link:

Thank you again for a positive rating. I hope Sam is fairing well.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr Z
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Dr. Z, thanks for checking in on Sam. He is not doing so well. I think he is adjusting to the Chlorambucil and all the other medications. All this is making him more sick I think. I will bring him in on Friday to see his specialty vet for further evaluation. It is the 3rd of July approaching the 4th and fireworks are everywhere! So I don't really want him to spend the next couple of days at the ER with fireworks blasting around him. Here at home he is more comfortable and we will turn on all fans and TV to drown out some of the noises from the fireworks. Thanks again. B. Goodman

Good luck. I hope you are able to keep him calm.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you Dr. Z. Tomorrow he will be admitted to the specialty clinic for around the clock care. Hopefully we'll get him to feel a little better soon.

Great! Please keep me posted as to how things progress for him.