Dr. Drew
Dr. Drew, Veterinarian
Experience:  Small Animal Medicine and Surgery
6340741

my doggie has had blood work and sonogram for irritable bowel,

my doggie has had blood work and sonogram for irritable bowel, all negative, She agai has bad rumbles all mornig and wont eat. Ca I give her pedialyte ad how much? She is 5.8 pounds

Drew :

Hello, thanks for your question today! I am Dr. Drew, and I am a licensed veterinarian. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can.

Drew :

Pedialyte is safe to give, but I typically recommend diluting it in half with water, in order to minimize the possibility of diarrhea induced by the sugar content.

Drew :

For a small dog like Skylie, you can give 10-15 mL every 2-3 hours, in addition to having plain water available.

Customer:

Can i wait to take her to the vet at 8:00 tomorrow morning or should I take her to emergency? She is very lethargic now.

If she's very lethargic, I don't think it's a good choice to wait until tomorrow -- having her examined today would be a much safer (if a bit more expensive) choice. If the cost is a big concern, you can feel and look at her gums - if they are pink, and moist, then she may not be in immediate danger. If they are pale, or dry/sticky, then she's definitely going to be better off receiving veterinary attention today.
Hi Jahn,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Skylie. How is everything going?

Drew