Doctor Jeff
Doctor Jeff, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Small Animal General Practitioner and practice owner with 8+ years experience
21393945

one of my bitches has not been in season since her last litter

one of my bitches has not been in season since her last litter - they are now 13 months old. Would like to breed her - heard about cabergoline - does it work and what kind of side effects are there
Hi, I am Dr. Jeff. I will try to help you. Please feel free to follow up if any more information is needed. There have been a few studies that show that cabergoline can induce a safe estrus cycle. As with any cycle, there is no guarantee that ovulation and/or pregnancy will occur. Further, dosages in these studies seem to be pretty variable so established protocols may vary. Certainly, your theriogenologist (reproductive vet) may have preferred protocol that works for him/her. I hope this helps and gives you direction.
Thanks
Dr. Jeff
Hi Louise,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Ember. How is everything going?

Doctor Jeff