Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Experience:  15 years of experience as a small animal veterinarian

My 6 year old dog just died. Last night was a lot of diarrhea,

My 6 year old dog just died. Last night was a lot of diarrhea, and vomiting.
We found him dead after work and he was bleeding a lot from his anus. Looking back he has been losing a lot of hair but not enough to worry about but more than normal. what do you think he died of.I only ask because I have 2 other dogs and don't want them to die too if it is environmental.

Welcome. I'm Dr. Bruce and I've been a small animal veterinarian for over 12 years. I'm very sorry to hear about this loss of Buster. Did the diarrhea and vomiting just start Sunday night? How was he acting Sunday morning? Are the other dogs normal now?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

He seemed to be fine sunday and the diarrhea and vomiting happened over night into monday morning.

Are there an saggo plants in the house? They look like little palm trees? Any recent chemicals applied inside or outside? Is he one to have gotten into things / chewed on things? Pain medications?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I did apply a bug be gone yard spray saturday night. but I did it late at night a didnt let them back out til the sun came up sunday morning. it was a light spraying. he is also my dog that eats everything and anything and chews up my sons toys(hard and soft) but we have seen him do that in a while.

Typically the bug yard sprays aren't going to cause this type of situation when sprayed in the yard and then allowed to dry. They can cause issues if the product is eaten directly from the applicator. In a situation like this with vomiting and diarrhea and the blood starting this suddenly, could it have been him eating something that got stuck in his intestinal tract? Usually these situations don't progress that fast to a fatal situation. They typically will be sick for days prior to it being fatal. Could it have been a situation called hemorrhagic gastroenteritis? That is a possibility too. Here is a link on it.

In a situation like this, I would pay very close attention to the other dogs. If they start to have any stomach upset or diarrhea, they should be seen immediately. I wouldn't feel that this has a strong suspicion for something they can be affected by.