Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Experience:  15 years of experience as a small animal veterinarian
14018973

My 22 lbs. corgi may have swallowed a calcium pill 600mg with

My 22 lbs. corgi may have swallowed a calcium pill 600mg with 800IU of vitamin D. Also, could have swallowed a thyroid pill my wife takes, but we don't think so.

Welcome. I'm Dr. Bruce and I've been a small animal veterinarian for over 12 years. Thank you for your question. This shouldn't be a toxic situation. That dose of calcium is commonly used to supplement nursing females and their need of extra calcium for that put into milk production. The vitamin d pill is also way, way below any potential toxic issue. They thyroid supplement pill isn't a concern with just one. Eating a bunch of them can have some effects, but a single one shouldn't be an issue. Overall I wouldn't feel this is a bad situation.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Are you the vet that owns the 8th Street Vet Clinic in Kalamazoo? Just checking since we have never used something like this.

I'm not that particular vet. You accessed this site through a link on their website most likely. This should be a good situation Jeff.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you! Looking for peace of mind and didn't know.

Glad to help at this time! Take care and give Bella a good petting for me!