Dr. Deb
Dr. Deb, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  I have owned, bred and shown dogs for over 40 years.
60411192

Hi again deb , forgot to ask how long after whelping do I need

Hi again deb , forgot to ask how long after whelping do I need to wait to have shayralee desexed.

Hi Pea:)

I usually recommend spaying after the pups are weaned and the mammary glands aren't producing milk any more and they've gone back to a semblance of normal. They're usually still larger than a female who hasn't had pups but if you spay her when they're still really pendulous, they don't tend to shrink back up as much, if that makes sense.
So, probably any time now. Each vet is different, though, as to when they prefer to perform this procedure after whelping so you might give a quick call to your vet and ask them if they have a preference.

Deb

Hi Pea,

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

vetdeb
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

All is good Shay back to normal almost and puppies amazing .. First VAC tomorrow .. I'll still wait till she has gotten 100% back to normal and have her desexed .. :-) thank you again for amazing service and helping me rest knowing and understandings what's happening to my babies. :-)

Pea:
Thanks for the update; I always like to hear good news:)

It's going to seem down right boring around your house with those babies gone but that may not necessarily be a bad thing!

You know I'm always glad to help you whenever you have a question or concern:)

Take care, Deb