Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Experience:  15 years of experience as a small animal veterinarian

Would you mind checking out this link? My two bulldogs are

Would you mind checking out this link? My two bulldogs are not city dogs. However, we are 30 minutes from the city. They also don't go in sand. Is this something I should be concerned about? Is there testing for it? And is there prevention. Please watch this brief news clip.

Welcome. I'm Dr. Bruce and I've been a small animal veterinarian for over 12 years. Thank you for your question about Roxie and Bentley. I'm going to be honest in saying that Blastomycosis is a fungal disease that can appear in certain areas with more frequency, but it really isn't something to get too worried about. There really isn't any prevention for it more so than just avoiding areas where it is highly prevalent. Usually the cases I see are ones that were in water areas. There is definite testing for it with a urine antigen screening that your vet can send out. I wouldn't be too worried to send it out in a non-clinical case.

Here is a great link on it.

I was wanting to check back in with you to see if you had any more questions about the blastomycosis situation. Please let me know what I can help with further.