Dr. Deb
Dr. Deb, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  I have owned, bred and shown dogs for over 40 years.
60411192

Hi again deb , just wanted to ask What age is first VAC. Then

Hi again deb , just wanted to ask
What age is first VAC.
Then at what age can they be sold ?
I have forgotten all this
Mum is almost back to normal now just one strange thing she is doing and that is hurting the pups some times on purpose ?
Hi Pea:)
That's great news that Shay is almost back to normal; you must be relieved about this.
But it's hard to believe that the pups are getting old enough to worry about vaccines for them:)

I generally recommend that pups receive their first vaccines between 6-7 weeks of age. I usually suggest that they go to their new homes around 8 weeks of age so that they can benefit from socialization and learning some "manners" from their mom.

I'm not sure if Shay is actually trying to hard them or if she's trying to teach them what she would view as unacceptable behavior.
But not all dogs continue to be good mothers to their children. Once the pups are weaned and their hormones go back to normal, they might view their offspring as threats in some way. It's not common, but I've seen it happen before.
So, I'd closely monitor them and her; perhaps not leave her alone with them if you think she might do them harm.

It's going to be bittersweet when they go to their new homes...I'm always so sad to see them go but on the other hand, happy that they are going to share their lives with wonderful people who will appreciate and love them as much as I do! Deb