Lisa
Lisa, Certified Vet Tech
Experience:  AAS Vet Tech. Bully breed rehab & Behavior modification
10413311

My 8 mo old dog with all his shots went on a road trip with

My 8 mo old dog with all his shots went on a road trip with me today he seemed lethargic and hasn't eaten all day, he has been drinking.
Hello! My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to help you with your dog today.

Does Zeus normally go on road trips with you?

Was he in the car the whole time, or did you get out and do things?

Did he eat or drink anything unusual?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

He has been on about 5 road trips, I have noticed once when we got to our destination he threw up like he was car sick, but nothing like this. he didnt stay in the car the whole time he was walked several times. he did not eat or drink anything unusual.

Does he generally get car sick?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

One time he threw up but other than that no, he also has a bit of a runny nose.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

not really, he threw up one time

Thanks so much for answering my questions. I appreciate it.

It's hard to say if it's just feeling out of it because of being a little carsick, or if there is something more going on with him.

The good news is that he hasn't been any ongoing vomiting or having diarrhea.

The bad news is that what is going on is so vague, it's nearly impossible to know for sure what is going on.

I think at this point, if you guys are back home and done with the road trip, you just take it easy for a couple days and see how he does.

If he was acting this way because of the road trip, then being home should get him feeling better as quickly as tomorrow. Also, if there is something more going on....if he should have any vomiting or diarrhea, or if he starts coughing or has an increase in the runny nose, then you should have your vet take a peek at him, just to be on the safe side.

But I suspect that a good night's sleep will get him feeling much better by morning.

I hope this helps.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
I never got an answer

I hope he's feeling better by morning!!