Dr. Whitehead
Dr. Whitehead, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, internship trained, with 5 years of experience in high quality practice treating dogs, cats, and some exotics.
13146597

My 20lb sheltie, accidentally swallowed one of my paroxitene

My 20lb sheltie, accidentally swallowed one of my paroxitene pills that dropped on the floor(10mg). Any suggestions as to how this will affect her?
Hello there. My name isXXXXX is used in dogs in some instances and the dose is up to 1 mg per pound so if she is 20 lbs then this would be at the lower end of a dose we would use for her. She also has had melatonin tonight so you may see her just very sleepy and tired tonight but nothing you should worry about. No concerns at this dose. She could still be a little sleepy in the morning but should be back to normal in 12 to 24 hours at most.