How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. G. Your Own Question
Dr. G.
Dr. G., Veterinarian
Category: Dog
Satisfied Customers: 1854
Experience:  Private Practice Veterinarian
Type Your Dog Question Here...
Dr. G. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How much 151 instant filler is bad for dogs? He hasnt ingested

This answer was rated:

How much 151 instant filler is bad for dogs? He hasnt ingested any as we havent used it yet, but we plan to shortly.

Dr. G : Hello, my name isXXXXX am a licensed veterinarian and I will try and help you as best as I can.
Dr. G : Unfortunately, there are no toxicology studies right now with that product in dogs, so there is no listed toxic dose on the manufacturers MSDS. The product can cause severe oral irritation and irritation of the GI tract, which can lead to vomiting and diarrhea. I would recommend avoiding any ingestion of this product by keeping it away from your dog if possible
Dr. G : if your dog does ingest the product, do not make him vomit as that can cause damage to the esophagus. He should see a vet if there is any ingestion.
Dr. G : Please feel free to reply back at any time if you need any further information
Customer: Would it be safe if it dried up?
Dr. G : It would be safe if it was dried and the dog did not get to it until it was dry
Customer: Do you know what is in this product that makes it toxic to dogs?
Dr. G : The ingredients: plasticiser, inorganic extenders, associative thickeners, reinforcing fillers, surfactants and fungicide can all cause problems
Dr. G : can all cause problems if ingested
Customer: I see, well we will keep him away from it whenever possible.
Dr. G : That would be best. Most chemical compounds are toxic when ingested, so keeping him away from them is a good rule of thumb
Dr. G. and 2 other Dog Specialists are ready to help you

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. G

Related Dog Questions