Lisa, Certified Vet Tech
Experience:  AAS Vet Tech. Bully breed rehab & Behavior modification

My XXXXX XXXXX is 2 and has been eating grass and vomiting.

My XXXXX XXXXX is 2 and has been eating grass and vomiting. He seems to be not feeling well., and his skin around his eye is now quite swollen. I think he may have also broken a molar I'm not sure though but I did take a look.
Hello! My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to help you with your dog today.

How long has he been feeling sick?

Is his breath worse than normal?

Have you noticed any drooling?

Is the whole side of his face swollen, or is it just under the eye?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

started yesterday.

his breath is different but not bad.

no drooling, well no more than his usual.

just under his eye and upper part of his cheek.

THanks so much for answering my questions. I really appreciate it.

Whenever I hear of a dog who is feeling sick and has a swollen face, I immediately think that there could be one big thing going on:

A dental abscess. Sometimes dogs get infections in their jaw, just like humans do. It's not always visable with the naked eye, so running some blood work to look for infection is one way to diagnose it. Another way is to use a dental probe and look for pockets under the gumline that could signify a problem. Unfortunately, the dog usually needs to be sedated for the second part, so having your regular vet run a little blood work would be a good place to start.

Just like in human dentistry, a dental abscess can turn fatal if the infection is left untreated. In a healthy dog like yours, it's pretty likely that all he's going to need is a round of antibiotics to start feeling better, so getting him in to the vet tomorrow is the way to go.

I hope this helps.

Hi Jodi,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Quinn. How is everything going?