Lisa, Certified Vet Tech
Experience:  AAS Vet Tech. Bully breed rehab & Behavior modification

my dog is all hunched up on her back and hanging her head down

my dog is all hunched up on her back and hanging her head down and not eating. Could this be a nkidney problem?
Hello! My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to help you with your dog today.

Has Lola been doing any vomiting?

Do you know if she's been drinking/urinating/defecating normally?

Is her belly hard to the touch, or soft?

Is she spayed?

Any possibility she got into something unusual?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No vomiting today but prior to today. urinating normally, didnt get into anything unusual, she is spayed. deficating normally, drinking alot of water and not sure about belly as I will not be home until later.

Does she ever get bones, rawhides or people food?

How long was she vomiting before today?

Does she ever eat non-food items like socks, toys, ect?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

She hasn't had anybones for a week, never rawhide She was vOMITING OF AND ON FOR A WEEK. sHE DOESN'T EAT SOCKS OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT. She has antibiodics for wet dermititas.

Thanks for answering my questions. I really appreciate it.

You have every right to be concerned. Your dog is showing all the classic symptoms of an intestinal obstruction...the vomiting off and on for a week, not eating and the lethargy ..these are all HUGE warning signs that your dog needs to be seen by a vet immediately.

An intestinal obstruction (likely caused by the fact that she has had bones in the past, even though she hasn't had one in a week) is what happens when the dog ingests something that is too big or too bulky to pass through the digestive tract the normal way. It gets stuck on one of the turns in the intestines and stops the flow of everything, causing your dog to get sicker and sicker until the intestine ruptures (if left untreated) and the dog dies.

This is something that is absolutely, positively worth the drive to an emergency vet immediately. If your dog is as sick as she is now, I would strongly urge you to NOT wait until morning to have her seen...intestinal obstructions can turn fatal very quickly, so time is of the essence here.

I hope everything works out.