Lisa, Certified Vet Tech
Experience:  AAS Vet Tech. Bully breed rehab & Behavior modification

Hey - how are ya??? Happy Holiday Weekend to you!! Hope you

Hey - how are ya??? Happy Holiday Weekend to you!! Hope you have the opportunity to take it easy a bit. Today's question please: When Ivan & Effie get into a wrestling match (playing a bit rough, for me, I guess) is it wise to let them work it out themselves ot should I ever intervene? Sometimes I go outside & throw a slipleash around Ivan & drag him inside; he always instigates. Sorry for such a trite question, but as you know this is my first time with multiple dogs. Thanks for your patience

I sort of subscribe to the "No blood, no foul" theory.

Letting them work it out on their own is the best way to do things...and as long as you're close enough to intervene if it gets out of control, I'd let them sort it out on their own.

Tell them I said hello!!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It's funny - sometimes my neighbor's dogs are in their yard - and one of those dogs LOVES my Effie. She starts howling if it gets too rough - and that's when I go out & grab - usually Ivan. I have learned not to stick my hand in between . . . that is why I have loads of slipleashes all over the house by each door.

I just worry cuz a few months ago, Ivan sprained his "arm." She is 78-80 pounds and he is 52-55 pounds; his head reaches her shoulders. Too funny

He's still a youngster...hopefully his exhuberance will wear off as he ages...or Effie will just have to put him in his place more often!!

Vinnie, our 8 pound Maltipoo puts the 60 pound pointer mix in her place all the time!!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I kinda likehis exuberance though. Effie has calmed down considerably and sometimes it makes me sad cuz I think she is getting old . . . even though she is not quite 4. The little monkey just turned TWO last week. WOW that went fast!!!!!!!!!

Have a great rest of the weekend.

You too!!!