Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant
Experience:  24 yrs. experience in dog training and behavior, pet first aide and therapy dog evaluation. Member of PAS Animal Response Team.
3570977

My dog just started shaking and panting uncontrollably. She

My dog just started shaking and panting uncontrollably. She is ten, 7 pound poodle mix.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.

Sally Grott :

Thank you for using this site to help you with your problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I have been in the dog field for 25 years. It will be my pleasure to help you today.

Sally Grott :

Do you know if it started out of fear or pain?

Customer:

No, not fear, but possibly pain. She is also drooling.

Customer:

She is laying down now and breathing really heavy.

Sally Grott :

What color are her gums and if you press and release your finger on them how long does it take to go back to normal color?

Customer:

they look black

Sally Grott :

thank you. have they always been black?

Customer:

I not sure really??/ But they do not change color when I press on her gums

Sally Grott :

I would have to say that because of her age and her breathing and the fact that the gums are not blanching you contact your vet tonight or an ER vet.

Customer:

Do you have an idea of what it could be?

Sally Grott :

Not really , pain anywhere can show panting and trouble breathing and shaking can be from pain as well. Dogs this size are prone to disc disease which is painful and they are prone to pancreatitis which is painful

Customer:

ok ..

Sally Grott :

I am sorry , I am worried for her. May I send you a free follow up in a few days to see how she is?

Customer:

yes

Sally Grott :

thankyou

Sally Grott :

I'll sign of so you can go put a call in to your vet

Sally G., Dog Training Consultant
Experience: 24 yrs. experience in dog training and behavior, pet first aide and therapy dog evaluation. Member of PAS Animal Response Team.
Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.
HI Lisa,
I am just checking in to see how your dog is feeling.

Sally