Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Experience:  15 years of experience as a small animal veterinarian
14018973

My dog has been pooping normal to softer than normal poop but

My dog has been pooping normal to softer than normal poop but has been pooping water drops afterwards, Is this something to be worried about? He is a 10 month old Great Dane.

Welcome. I'm Dr. Bruce and I've been a small animal veterinarian for over 12 years. Thank you for your question about Kato. How long has the soft stools and the watery stools been going on? Any recent change of foods? Is he still eating and drinking well?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

A few days and yes he has been eating and drinking like normal. He did throw up grass last night which I just assumed was from eating grass but may also be useful for you to help diagnose. No changes is food he has been on the same food for 8 months.

Thanks for that information. The eating of the grass may have been due to his stomach not feeling well. A lot of dogs will eat grass when they already feel nauseated. So something else most likely made it upset. As long as he continues to eat and drink well, this may be a one time vomit due to nothing specific. If the vomiting persists, that is much more concerning. Intestinal parasites, parvo, eating of something non-digetable would then be on the list of possible issues. The current loose stools and water could be the secondary effects of his vomiting. As long as he's eating and drinking, there is a great chance this improves over the next couple days. If it persists then a fecal evaluation would be a very good idea. Coccidia or giardia or a bacterial overgrowth may then be at hand that need some medications to correct. At this time, you could do a more bland diet of 1/3 boiled chicken, 2/3 white rice at 1 cup per 20 pounds three times a day to give his intestines a break. This may help settle things down. Hopefully this improves here with these simple things. Give Kato a good petting for me. Let me know what questions I've brought up with this response.