petdrz., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in caring for dogs and cats.

Dog has a loose front bottom tooth, next to K-9, and bad breath.

Dog has a loose front bottom tooth, next to K-9, and bad breath. Ideas of what this could be?
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you and Nutty today. I am a veterinarian with over 25 years experience and would be happy work with you.

From what you are describing, I would be most suspicious that Nutty's tooth is loose due to periodontal disease. If you are noting bad breath, he most likely has tarter build up and gingivitis (inflammed gums). When the tarter forms, bacteria make their way up under the gumline and loosen the ligaments that hold the teeth in place to the point that they become mobile and sometimes even fall out. This is especially true in small dogs and the front teeth, called the incisors, are frequently affected.

Another possibility could be a fractured tooth. I would definitely have Nutty's teeth evaluated by your veterinarian to see what can be done for him. Dental issues can cause a lot of discomfort, so the sooner his mouth is taken care of the better and the less likely he will lose more teeth.

I hope this is helpful. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. Thank you for allowing me to assist you.

Dr Z

Thank you for the positive rating. I truly appreciate it!
Hi Rob,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Nutty. How is everything going?

Dr Z
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry for the late reply. Gum infection being successfully treated with antibiotics and anti-inflammatory. Thanks for asking

Thank you for the follow up. I am glad to hear that things are improving.

If you have any questions in the future that I may help you with, ask for Dr Z in the question title or see my profile to request me. You can save my profile to your browser favorites with this link: