Doctor Jeff
Doctor Jeff, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Small Animal General Practitioner and practice owner with 8+ years experience

Hi our dog weighing 22kg gas just ingested some bone meal which

Hi our dog weighing 22kg gas just ingested some bone meal which contains phosphorous pentoxide. He ingested a small amount but not sure if I should do anything else?
Hi, I am Dr. Jeff. I will try to help you. Please feel free to follow up if any more information is needed. The biggest concern in this situation is burns or ulcerations to mucosal surfaces which include the mouth, esophagus, stomach, trachea, etc. If a small amount was consumed, you may not see much of a reaction. However, to play it safe, I would give some milk (1/2-1 cup). This can help coat the GI tract. You can also give a tablet of pepcid AC or tagament twice daily. This will reduce stomach acid production and could help. This combined with a couple tablespoons of maalox (or milk of magnesia) can also help support the inner lining of the GI tract.
Certainly, any sign of vomiting, pale gums, abdominal pain, weakness, stupor, is reason to seek immediate veterinary attention.
I hope this helps and gives you direction.
Dr. Jeff