DrEllie
DrEllie, Veterinarian
Experience:  As a licensed veterinarian, I have gained experience in all aspects of animal care and husbandry, not just medical issues.
73027278

I have a 10 month old Golden Ret. He was showing signs of

I have a 10 month old Golden Ret. He was showing signs of being lethargic and not playful yesterday. I saw him this morning seeming to be reeling in pain in the back of his mouth. I found a tooth that has blood all around it I will attach a picture. I cant get him into his vet until 3 pm as they are in surgery till then. My other Golden took tramadol for pain 50 mg can you see any problerm with giving him that for pain till I can see a vet. Thanks
Category: Dog
Expert:  DrEllie replied 1 year ago.

DrEllie :

Hi! My name isXXXXX and I am a licensed veterinarian. I am here to help answer your questions but please remember that advice and diagnosis over the internet can never replace advice given in person after a thorough physical examination and evaluation of lab work.
Please be patient as some responses can take some time to type out. In addition, please do not forget to rate our interaction after I have answered all of your questions.

DrEllie :

Did Hunter eat ok this morning?

Customer:

No he seems to have pain when trying to eat

Customer:

where do I add the pic

DrEllie :

Is there a paper clip on your toolbar above the area where you type? I'm sorry that I do not know how to attach pictures or video.

Customer:

Full Size Image

Customer:

ok I got it

Customer:

the tooth is on the upper left you can see blood around it

DrEllie :

It is a little difficult for me to tell exactly due to blurriness, however, if you feel as though he needs something before 3 today you could try the tramadol as long as he is not taking any other medications and does not have any other health issues. Do you know how much Hunter weighs?

Customer:

OK thanks I just talked to them they said if I hurrry they will see him this morning. He does not take meds he is healthy and he is 65 pounds

DrEllie :

Would you like for me to figure a dose, or do you wish to wait until he is seen by his vet?

DrEllie :

If you wait, they may be able to give injectable in order to get the pain meds on board faster

Customer:

we gave his brother 2-3 he was 80 pounds

Customer:

OK I think I will wait

Customer:

thanks for your help I am on the way now. Thanks

DrEllie :

Sounds like a plan...good luck!

DrEllie, Veterinarian
Experience: As a licensed veterinarian, I have gained experience in all aspects of animal care and husbandry, not just medical issues.