Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Experience:  15 years of experience as a small animal veterinarian
14018973

Hi - were a rescue and have a dog that we need to give ace

Hi - we're a rescue and have a dog that we need to give ace to in order to groom it. We gave 6 mg to her this afternoon (she's about 5-7 pounds) and the groomer ended up not doing her and can do her tomorrow. Is it okay to give her another dose tomokrrow am around 7:30?

Welcome back to Just Answer. I'm Dr. Bruce and I've been a small animal veterinarian for over 12 years. Thank you for your question. Acepromazine is a drug that is very frequently given a coule times a day for days on end in dogs that are traveling or in stressful situations. To repeat a dose tomorrow should be ok. I would hold off on the dose if in the morning she is still very sedate from the previous one. But, more than likely the sedation shouldn't last over 12 hours.
Hi Jeanine,

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?