Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Experience:  15 years of experience as a small animal veterinarian

6 year old Miniature Schnauzer dog had Pyometra surgery in

6 year old Miniature Schnauzer dog had Pyometra surgery in the second week of March and has recently started having a similar discharge she had before she got surgery, she is not acting sick but I am still concerned, what should I do?

Welcome. I'm Dr. Bruce and I've been a small animal veterinarian for over 12 years. Thank you for your question. I'm going to be honest here and say that this type of discharge shouldn't be happening at this time post a pyometra surgery. The surgery removes the uterine horns and the uterine body. The infection that was there should have been resolved with the surgery and the course of antibiotics after it. It is good that she's eating and sleeping fine at this time. What I would do is have her rechecked with your vet. Depending on what the material looks like under a microscope, she may need another course of antibiotics. I'm hoping that her situation gets better here soon.
Hi Carmen,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Lola. How is everything going?