Lisa, Certified Vet Tech
Experience:  AAS Vet Tech. Bully breed rehab & Behavior modification

My 4 year old dog had a litter of 9 pups on Sunday and all

My 4 year old dog had a litter of 9 pups on Sunday and all seems well pups are feeding well and she is ding a good mothering job but i have noticed yesterday evening that she was limbing on one leg. Now tonight i find that it seems to be bothering her more. There is no swelling and i can rub her legs and hips . Her belly does not seemm sore beccause it doesnt bother her that i rub her. She i eating and drinking good but i am worried because she seems to be haveing a hard time getting up. Should i take her in to the vet tonight if i can find one or should i wait till morning. Could it be from the birting or is it not related.
Hi Jacustomer-qtu4n368~

As long she's acting normal otherwise, I think it's perfectly okay to wait until morning. It's probablly not related her her whelping the puppies, but it's good to have it checked out.

Additionally, make sure you take the puppies with you when you go. All puppies should have a well-puppy check up to make sure theres nothing like cleft palates, and as long as you're taking mom in to have that leg checked, getting the puppies checked too is perfect.

Once they look at the leg, they'll be able to help you figure out if there's anything you can give her for pain that will be safe for the puppies too.

I hope this helps.
Hi Scott,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Sadie. How is everything going?