My 20 lb Mini Schnauzer just chewed up an ant bait from Raid. It was mangled and it looks like there is still a good amount of stuff still inside. Will he be ok or do I need to make him throw up? He just had a full bowl of food so I'm hoping he is fine.
Type of Dog: Mini SchnauzerDog's Gender: MaleDog's Age: 2Name of Dog: Puck
Did Puck eat any of the plastic?
No, it was really mangled up. It looks intact. I'm just worried about the little bit of poison he might have gotten.
Hello,I am very familiar with those Raid Ant Traps and have checked the MSDS sheets.
The contents if ingested will not cause poisoning to pets. We have found they are low toxicity and do not carry any ill effects for dogs. There is a large margin of safety in the use of these ant traps.
In fact the plastic does more harm than th
e bait inside the trap if a large amount of the plastic was ingested. In this case it does not sound like it would be an issue.
I would still monitor Puck for any gastrointestinal upset and follow up with your Vet. if there are any problems.
If there is any problems with her stomach, you can start a bland diet of boiled skinless chicken breast and white rice for a couple of days to keep the stomach rested fir a few days and wean back onto the normal diet.
I honestly do not foresee any problems at all since the plastic was not ingested.
Thank you so much. It puts my mind at ease.
I am so glad that the pastic was just mangled and the safety margin is so there is virtually no toxicity. Please do not forget to rate my service this evening if I have given a satisfactory answer.
Vet Tech for over 30+ years working w/Dogs/Rescues
Hi,I'm just following up on our conversation about Puck. How is everything going?Joan