Candy
Candy, Veterinary Technician
Experience:  Practicing Veterinary Technician for 26 years.Former Veterinary Practice Owner, Technician Trainer
23185754

How much thuja occidentalis 30C should I give my 1 yr old,

Customer Question

How much thuja occidentalis 30C should I give my 1 yr old, F/S, 60lb Aussie-x for a warts (CVP) on her paw? They have been causing some weight bearing lameness off and on for two weeks. They have not noticebly worsened. She also has one small one on her lower lip that appeared two days ago. I either find no dosage listed or each is different. 2-3 pellets PO one time dosage. Every day for several days etc.. Or do I use an oil or ointment and apply directly to warts? Seems no one can agree! She is currently on Simplecef 200mg PO SID for 10 days (6 doses remaining) prescribed by reg vet just in case of infection.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Lynn replied 2 years ago.

Dr. Pitcairn, one of the leading veterinarians on alternative care, recommends homeopathic treatment schedule 4 which is a one time dosage for the treatment of warts.

Make sure not to feed her right before or after giving the thuja.

If you have further questions let me know.

Best wishes,

Lynn

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
The answer was not from the person submitted to and it only answered how often, not how much. Answer not complete.
Expert:  Candy replied 2 years ago.
Hello,I am sorry your dog is having some trouble wit warts. IN a young dog these are most often due to the papilloma virus. In some cases if your vet crushes one of the warts this will cause the immune system to kick in and fight them off.

As for the thuja occidentalis 30 the recommended dose would be 2 of the 30c tablets crushed then place the powder on the tongue This can be repeated in 2 weeks if the warts are still present.

I hope this helps, please reply back if you have additional questions
Candy
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Where is this dosage specified? Any interactions with antibiotic pet currently on? Repeat every two weeks if not gone or only repeat once in two weeks and then assume remedy will not work for her? I keep seeing it listed as a "treatment" with no actual dosage, so I appreciate the specific of 2 tablets, but I would also like to know where this information is from please.
Expert:  Candy replied 2 years ago.
I got the dosage directly from my Holistic Veterinary handbook that we use in the office. You will find multiple dosing instructions online which is why this is not reliable. According to the data there are no known problems with giving while on an antibiotic.
The dosage can be given as many times as needed however if after 3 treatments the warts are still there then it should be assumed that this will not work for her and other treatments should be considered.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Great,thank you. I believe that fully answers my question. Vague and varying dosage information online is why I caved to asking in this forum. The previous tech said : "Dr. Pitcairn, one of the leading veterinarians on alternative care, recommends homeopathic treatment schedule 4 which is a one time dosage for the treatment of warts." Another vague answer, not giving the specifics of the "one time dosage", but also differing from yours. I am an RVT, but have been very part time for a number of years and have always worked for a surgical practice that does not deal in holistic medicine. My access to the books, if they even have them in office, is over an hour away. The internet is a wonderful thing, but also leads to so much confusion. Knowing the source of your information and the specifics provides confidence that I will do the right thing for my pet. Have a great weekend.
Expert:  Candy replied 2 years ago.
You are very welcome. Amazon now sells many of the Veterinary medical books if you are ever interested in having them on hand.

I am glad I was able to help., thankfully I work out of a specialty practice that also has a holistic vet so we have really learned a lot from her in this area.

I hope this helps, if you see no improvement then I would try to have your vet ( or you can do it if you are comfortable) crushing one of the warts with hemostats and see if this kicks in the immune system.

Best Wishes and I hope your boy does well.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Lucky you! Several of them are on my wishlist! Maybe this will push me to spend the $$$ as their expense looks like it will pay itself off. My cats have not been as much trouble as this dog in the first year!

Please excuse the typos in my original question...

Thank you Candy.

Expert:  Candy replied 2 years ago.
You are very welcome and in all honesty I rarely even notice the typo's :) when you are used to reading dr's writing you can read most anything. Yes if you have the knowledge base which it seems you do then the medical books are great to have on hand. You can also get them used on Amazon so it cuts the cost in half.

Good luck to you and your crew
Candy, Veterinary Technician
Experience: Practicing Veterinary Technician for 26 years.Former Veterinary Practice Owner, Technician Trainer