Lisa, Certified Vet Tech
Experience:  AAS Vet Tech. Bully breed rehab & Behavior modification

my dog has a huge lump on his nose.he has had it for a while

my dog has a huge lump on his nose.he has had it for a while with no went away once so i thought it was an insect bite. its here again and its been here for several months now. Do you know what it is? He is pitbull mix and 5 years old.

Hi Jacustomer-1se61zcs~

Do you know what he's mixed with?

Does it seem painful?

Is it hard to the touch or sort of squishy?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I dont know what hes mix with and the lump feels hard but he doesnt seem to hurt when i touch it.

Is there any possibility he could have injured his nose somehow?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Maybe he could have injured his nose while being aggresive in his cage when a motorcycle passes by.He tends to go crazy biting anything he can reach when a cycle passes on the street. But i figured it would have gotten better by now.Its been now for several months.

Thanks for answering my questions.

At this point, I would be suspcious of the possibility of some kind of break that has healed and caused that lump. The fact that he's crazed by motorcycles and could have broken it on the cage is concerning.

Also, since he is a 5 year old pitty mix, there's always the possibility of something like cancer, so having the vet take a peek at it is going to be the best option. A quick x-ray will determine what the lump is and will help you decide how to treat it.