Dr. K
Dr. K, Veterinarian
Experience:  13 years experience as Veterinarian

how often should i feed my 3 week old puppies can food?

Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. K replied 4 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! I would be happy to help you with your pet today.

Three week-old puppies are usually started on some milk replacer in a bowl first...and then they are offered soft/solid food. There is a very good timeline of when and how to introduce things at the following website:

I wish you good luck with your new puppies!

Dr. K
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
well i didnt know that...i have 7 puppies they eat the food really good its kind of messy but they eat and thier still with the mom to feed off of so they get food from her....since i already gave them can food do i go back to mllk replacer or can i mix the can food with the milk replacer?
Expert:  Dr. K replied 4 years ago.
You can mix the two together...If they are eating the canned food well...then you can continue to offer it to them. But at this age, I wouldn't offer it more than once a day. They should be mostly nursing from their mother.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
oh ok...i had decided to offer it to them becuase the mom was whinning cuz since thier teeth are coming out i guess it hurts her...they seem like they are 4 wks already cuz they bark and cry and play with each other... i think its so cute....they are little chow chow puppies
Expert:  Dr. K replied 4 years ago.
Enjoy them!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thanks for your help
Expert:  Dr. K replied 4 years ago.
You are very welcome. If you have no further questions at this time, please click on the "accept" to show that you were satisfied with your service.