Does it sound like either of these:
What breed is she?
Thanks for answering my questions.
Because I'm not exactly sure what is going on, and because mini Doxies are infamous for having respiratory issues (unfortunately as well as cardiac issues), I do think that having her seen by a vet is something that should be done sooner, rather than later.
I understand that you(like so many other people) are in a hard financial spot right now. There are some organizations that might be able to help. If you'll follow these links: http://www.speakingforspot.com/helppayingforveterinarycare.html , http://www.theamericandogmag.com/non-profit/resources-veterinary-bills-financial-assistance, you'll find dozens and dozens of organizations that may be able to help pay for you to take your dog to the vet. Also, there are some clinics who offer free exams and other treatments and require that you only pay for medications. If you'll follow this link: http://www.vcahospitals.com/main/offer , you can see if there is one in your area.
If any of these groups are unable to help you, and you're forced to wait until finances open up, I think as long as you monitor her closely, it should be okay. You're going to want to watch for things like blue tinge to the gums or tongue, or any sort of exaggerated breathing (panting, or acting like she can't get enough breath). If you see anything like that, then she's absolutely going to have to be seen by a vet immediately...but as long as she's not doing any of that, you can monitor her until you can afford to take her in.
I hope this helps.