Dr. Hinson
Dr. Hinson, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  11+ years experience in the veterinary field. Experience with small, large and exotic species.

Dr. Hinson I wanted to update you on my yorkie Bentley. After

Dr. Hinson I wanted to update you on my yorkie Bentley. After 4 vets opinions including a specialist, and over $3,500 in tests, medicines, and x rays, you were the only one to suggest dental X rays and LONG story short. Bentley had 7 (yes 7!!) teeth extracted today from a Dental specialist which was the cause of every symptom (sneezing, nose running, reverse sneezing, head “thrashing” not eating his dry food, not closing his mouth all of the way, and the chewing motion). If I had asked you first I would have saved a ton of money and more importantly, he would not have had to go through that extra month of pain while we were trying to diagnose him. I had vets suggest everything from a sinus infection to a tumor. I was relieved to have a dental x ray show "only" dental problems. Thank you again for your help!
- oh and the weird clicking noise I kept hearing was something called "gum chewers syndrome" that little dogs can get if they bite their cheek with their back molars repeatedly. It turns into hardened scar tissue and they can't close their mouth well, and it makes that strange noise... just incase any one else asks you a similar question. They can either remove the scar tissue, or the tooth. In Bentley’s case it was the tooth.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Hinson replied 4 years ago.
Yay!!!! That is awesome news!! Thanks so much for the update!! I know Bentley will be feeling better soon!

Thanks for the info on the "gum chewers syndrome". Never heard of that before. Gotta love this learn something new everyday!

My best wishes to you and Bentley! Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Dr. Hinson