Lisa, Certified Vet Tech
Experience:  AAS Vet Tech. Bully breed rehab & Behavior modification

My dogs have small black bug oval in shape, they bite and itch.

My dogs have small black bug oval in shape, they bite and itch. We also have been bitten by them. I tried a couple of different kinds of baths with various shampoos, frontline for fleas, ticks and lice and a collar for fleas and ticks. Any clue what kind of bug it might be? Searched images for insects and cant seem to find anything that looks like them.

Hi Jacustomer-myk1dapi~

How long has this been going on?

Have you flea bombed the house?

Are the bites on you around your ankles?

Do they look anything like these:

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I think about two weeks maybe three on the outside, I've seen fleas on dogs and cats fbefore. So, no they do not look like the images, they leave residue on the skin, small black no brown, no bites at our ankles, I have a bite on my waist and one on my foot. I have seen them up close. I can't find their image online. Fleas, ticks, mites and lice are not quite right for images.

Could they be something they're picking up outside and bringing in?

Do they look anything like this:

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No, small, flat, non spider like. Elongated not much bigger than the font of my typing for size. No brown or light color, no predominant legs, no pincers from the head not a bed bug either. I looked at an image to be sure.

Hmmm....that is very strange.

Unfortunately, every state has different bugs, so the best person to ask about would be your normal vet, or even a groomer in your area. They've seen pretty much every bug out there and probably will be able to determine what your dog is picking up.

I wish I were able to tell you for sure what it is, but I'd start with asking one of the people in your area.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I cant seem to find any similar image. So, I think I surrender and I will take my pet to the vet. Have a nice day.
I'm sorry that we're unable to narrow it down. I hope you find the species.