Anna, Dog Expert, Biologist
Experience:  35 years training & showing dogs. Written articles for Dog Fancy, Dogs, Dog World.

my 7 week old puppy is throwing up and is not eating.

I'm sorry to hear that your puppy is ill. Whenever a puppy this young stops eating and throws up, it is a dangerous situation. They can easily become dehydrated and hypoglycemic. These are both life-threatening conditions that require treatment by a vet. Even if the original illness that caused the loss of appetite was something minor, dehydration and/or hypoglycemia turn it into a serious illness.I recommend that you take your puppy to the vet now.

If you absolutely cannot do that, it would be a good idea to get some Pedialyte - made for human infants and available in pharmacies and discount stores. Give your puppy a syringe of it. Wait about 10 minutes, then give another one. Repeat again in another 10 minutes. After that, give her some once an hour. A little pancake syrup on her tongue once per hour will help if she's a bit hypoglycemic. These steps will help her until you can get her to a vet.. But again, the best choice is to see a vet right away.

If you have more questions about this, just let me know by clicking on REPLY. I hope your puppy will be fine.

(If you find my answer helpful, please click on ACCEPT. Thank you.)
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your fast reply. I really don't have the money to go to a vet. Right now I have 3 puppies and a mother that I am taking care of. This puppy that is sick was the most active one. I was getting ready to give them away to people that want them. I never thought that this one will get sick. I will follow up with your advice and start her on pedialyte and honey from the pancakes to keep her up and hopefully in 24 hours she should be better. Thank you again for your reply. If you know of anything else I can do to solve this sickness without going to the vet, I will really appreciate it.
Those are about the only things you can do on your own. However, since money is a problem for you, as it is for many others in our present economy, the VCA animal hospitals offer a free first office call to new patients. You would still have to pay for any medicine, but the office visit is often the most expensive part of a vet visit. This link will take you to the page where you can get the coupon for the free visit:

Then, go to this page and scroll down to your state to find a list of all the VCA hospitals in your area:

This might be at least worth checking into. I hope she'll be fine.

I understand that you have a follow-up question. Please just click on REPLY and let me know what it is. I hope the puppy is doing all right.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am requesting a follow up to my 10/15/2011 question: my 7 week old puppy is throwing up and is not eating
What is your specific follow-up question?

If you mean the puppy is still showing the same symptoms, and you were unable to find a vet to help at a VCA Hospital, there really isn't anything else you can do on your own. If the puppy is getting weak and shaky, the situation has become life-threatening. A young puppy can only go so long in this condition, and without veterinary care, she is likely to die if she has not gotten better by now. You can get help for the puppy by taking her to your local animal shelter and surrendering her to them. Animal shelters usually have vets who work with them. I know that wouldn't be your first choice, but it might be what si best for the puppy since there's no way for you to take her to a vet.

(There's no need to click on accept again - you'll be charged twice if you do, and this is a follow-up question, so you shouldn't have to pay again. Thank you.)