Doctor Jeff
Doctor Jeff, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Small Animal General Practitioner and practice owner with 8+ years experience

my dog has a small red bump in her upper eyelid. she is a

my dog has a small red bump in her upper eyelid. she is a seven year old pug. it doesn't seem to bother her. i looked at and think i may have popped it, it bled a little. do you think this is a problem? i cleaned it up a bit with cool water and a mild soap.
Hi, I am Dr. Jeff. I will try to help you. Please feel free to follow up if any more information is needed. Common masses on the eyelid margins are typically associated with the meibobian gland which is a tear producing gland that exist along the eye lid. They can become obstructed which lead to these wart-like masses. They are typically not much of an issue as long as they are not causing irritation to the corneal. They can also rupture which can lead to a little bleeding. If this becomes a chronic issue, it may be a good idea to have your vet take a look. Removal of the mass is possible. As for home care, you can flush the eye with a sterile saline eye flush available at your local pharmacy. Otherwise, you can use direct pressure to get the bleeding to stop. I hope this helps and gives you direction.
Dr. Jeff