How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Candy Your Own Question
Candy
Candy, Veterinary Technician
Category: Dog
Satisfied Customers: 11619
Experience:  Practicing Veterinary Technician for 26 years.Former Veterinary Practice Owner, Technician Trainer
23185754
Type Your Dog Question Here...
Candy is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My dog ate a mushroom in the backyard. Within 5 minutes she

Resolved Question:

My dog ate a mushroom in the backyard. Within 5 minutes she threw up, I believe, all the mushroom and continued to throw up a yellow and white foaming substance. She has drank some water and she seems alert. Should I take her into the emergency clinic?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Candy replied 5 years ago.

Hello,I am so sorry your little on is having some trouble.

 

Mushroom poisoning occurs as a result of ingesting toxic mushrooms. Not all mushrooms are poisonous, but each type of poisonous mushroom can cause different signs of illness.

Depending on the type of mushroom problems with the liver, kidneys and a drop in blood glucose may be seen within 24-48 hours. Some mushrooms can be fatal

 

Because these can cause so many problems and some mushrooms are potentially fatal I would suggest having her seen this morning by your regular vet so you do not end up in the ER this evening.Here is additional information on Mushroom toxicity.

www.aspcapro.org/mydocuments/zd-vetm0207f_095-100_.pdf

 

I hope she does ok, please reply back if you have additional questions

Candy

 

Candy and other Dog Specialists are ready to help you