Jane Lefler, Breeder,Behaviorist, formerVet Asst
Experience:  Former vol Vet Assistant.Breeder 18+ years Dog trainer / behaviorist

is the oil from a tiki torch posionous to dogs

is the oil from a tiki torch posionous to dogs??
Category: Dog
Expert:  Jane Lefler replied 5 years ago.

Hi Sir or Madam,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I've been with Just Answer since 2006. It will be my pleasure to work with you.

Tiki torches can indeed be dangerous to dogs. If the tiki torch has Citronella fluid, then it also contains flammable ingredients that are toxic. The manufacturer recommends seeking medical attention. You should not induce vomiting since any vomiting could cause small amounts to be aspirated into the lungs causing aspiration pneumonia. You can read more about the citronella tiki torches here:. amp;hl=en&gl=us&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESjUSSMH_mw6DsKSszamu8U3ttmeTKV2R9q6pkH6jyE9KbIY05wvrLj8m_NBEUIN9c0qckh0YpwQ2GCUULXnX3xt_jmsaGCb6WekzJDa_kNn33Uu4d0ANYwVzgm2vXX5Vpzj2RFJ&sig=AHIEtbTSPvjXdA6j07TfvOAxcYvxxHNFCw

Tiki torch oil can cause irritation to the gastrointestinal track and even nausea depending on the amount ingested. I would err on the side of caution and have your dog seen for supportive care. If that is not possible, I would provide plenty of water but withold food until morning and then start on a bland diet of boiled chicken and rice.

I hope this information is helpful to you.