Candy, Veterinary Technician
Experience:  Practicing Veterinary Technician for 26 years.Former Veterinary Practice Owner, Technician Trainer

what causes rashes between toes on dogs jd

what causes rashes between toes on dogs? jd
Category: Dog
Expert:  Candy replied 5 years ago.

I am sorry your boy is having trouble.

Problems with the feet are often due to allergies , yeast or bacterial infections.

In many cases oral antibiotics are needed to fully clear the problem.

If she is chewing on her feet I would suggest using an e collar to prevent this. If a dog continues to lick the feet this is often a cause of infection.

If the feet are itchy then oral Benadryl may help. This is normally dosed at 1-2 mgs per pound of body weight every 6-8 hours.

I would suggest having the paws looked at by your vet to be sure there is no infection that would require medication.Your vet will be able to do a simple skin test to look for the presence of bacteria or yeast.

I hope all goes well, please reply back if you have additional questions or concerns