Joan
Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech for over 35+ years working w/Dogs/Rescues
5071285

can I use the tobramycin/dexamethasone prescribed for me in

can I use the tobramycin/dexamethasone prescribed for me in my dog's eyes? I think he gave me this pinkeye.

I do not suggest using the your medication in the dog's eyes. The Dexamethasone is a steroid and if something is going on the steroid can make it worse, especially if there is an ulceration on the cormea. The Bacteria that causes conjunctivitis in dogs is not the same as the one that affects humans, so it is highly doublful that you and the dog have cross contaminated. I suggest you have the dog seen by his Vet for the proper medication to treat the eye. Joan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Okay, thanks

You can use some Plain Saline eye drops without presevatives in the dog's eyes until he can be seen by your Vet. Joan