Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  UC Davis Graduate, Interests: Dermatology, Internal Medicine, Pain Management
14008320

My dog ate hershey kisses with foil wrappers, about ten in

My dog ate hershey kisses with foil wrappers, about ten in all. He is a maltese and weighs about 6 lbs.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Andy replied 6 years ago.

Dr. Andy :

Hello?

Expert:  Dr. Andy replied 6 years ago.
You accidentally already clicked accept.
That's okay. I'll answer now.

Well, hershey's kisses are milk chocolate, and to eat only a few of them, really doesn't pose any concern for serious toxicity. That's the good news.
In addition, no need to induce vomiting, which would only be done within the first hour or so anyway to get the chocolate out.
My greater concern is the foil. In a little dog, enough foil wading up could create a foreign body obstruction.
Now, he has already vomited some of it up.

However, we don't truly know what is left. If you believe, based on what was vomited up, that there is still quite a bit in there, I would strongly encourage a veterinary examination and some abdominal x-rays to take a look.

To help settle the stomach, you could give a 1/4 tablet of over-the-counter Pepcid A.C. regular strength (10mg) or a 1/3 tsp of pepto bismol.

If any vomiting persists, definitely get into the vet.
Good Luck